- Bef 1671
||Edward Adams  |
||Bef 11 Nov 1671
||Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut [2, 3]
- He was in New Haven by 1640; Milford 1646; Fairfield 1650. He had land granted to him in Milford, 19 Jan 1645/6, "upon these conditions that he will both learn to dress Leather or Skins and alsoe follow His trade in the town." In 1653 and 1656 he entered for several pieces of land in Fairfield. Will dated 7 Aug 1671; wife Mary; sons Samuel, Abraham; daughter Mary Murwin and her son Luke Guire; sons Nathaniel, John, Nathan. Inventory 11 Nov 1671. Agreement 5 Feb 1677 of Nathaniel (of age), respecting portion, and John and Nathan (under age), children of Edward; John chose John Banks for guardian; Anthony Beers and his wife chose Samuel Adams as guardian for Nathan. Administration on estate of Mary Beers of Fairfield was granted, 2 Dec 1687, to Sergt. Samuel Ward and Nathan Adams. Edward gave land to daughter Mary, 26 Nov 1668.
Abraham, Nathan, Daniel, Abraham jr., David and John Adams, and Luke "Quire" (Guire) of Fairfield agreed to divide that part of the long lots that were Edward Adams' and Joseph Patchen's 21 Jan 1713/4.
On 3 Jan 1752, Stephen Adams, one of the representatives of Edward Adams, asked distribution of commons originally belonging to Edward. Distribution was made to the legal representatives: Capt. John Silliman, Stephen Adams, Samuel Bradley, Joseph Wakeman, John Jennings 2d, heirs of Susannah Winton, David son of Nathan Jennings, Hannah wife of Jonathan Squire, Ellen wife of James Stewart, heirs of Luke Guire, Nathan Guire, Jonah Turney, heirs of Mary Marshall, heirs of John Adams. (Some of these were representatives by purchase, not descent). 
||28 Aug 2016 |
||Mary, d. Bef 18 Aug 1687 |
| ||1. Samuel Adams, d. Bef 10 Feb 1693/4, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut |
| ||2. Mary Adams, b. Abt 1647, d. Bef 7 May 1712 (Age ~ 65 years)|
| ||3. Abraham Adams, b. 6 Sep 1650, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut , d. 9 Aug 1729, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut (Age 78 years)|
| ||4. Nathaniel Adams, b. Bef 1656, d. Bef 1693 (Age < 37 years)|
| ||5. John Adams, b. Aft 1656, d. 1693 (Age 35 years)|
| ||6. Nathan Adams, b. Aft 1656, d. Bef 6 Feb 1748/9, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut (Age 91 years)|
||14 Mar 2017 |
- [S1701] History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, Donald L. Jacobus, (Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Co., New Haven, CT, 1930), p. I:248.
- [S8483] Edward Adams Will and Inventory.
- [S1701] History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, Donald L. Jacobus, (Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Co., New Haven, CT, 1930), p. I:7, 1671.
- [S1701] History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, Donald L. Jacobus, (Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Co., New Haven, CT, 1930), p. I:7-8.