1837 - 1893 (56 years)
||Henry James |
||7 Apr 1837
||New York [1, 2]
||23 May 1893
||Hudson, Columbia, New York [3, 4]
- 1850 NY Census, Columbia County, Stockport, age 12, born in New York.
1865 NY State Census, Columbia County, Stockport, Jeremiah, age 62, farmer, born in England, naturalized citizen, owner of land, value of real estate owned = 400, wife Louisa (mothered 10 children), children Louisa, Henry (merchant), Elizabeth, Alice
1870 US Census, New York, Columbia, Hudson, Henry James, 32, laborer, born NY
Was an alderman of Hudson, elected in 1879
Worked at Freeman Print Works, 1890-91, worked at F.R.R. as brakeman, 1891-92, No. Adams, MA. Different Henry James?
Last will and testament provided as follows:
1. Cemetery monument not to exceed $500
2. Endowment of $200 to maintain James plot at cemetery
3. $6,000 to son, Henry M. James when he turns 21
4. Gold watch and chain to son, Henry James
5. $1,000 to sister, Louisa Mallory
6. Trust of $4,000 for sister, Louisa Mallory, balance to son Henry M. James at her death.
7. Balance of estate to son, Henry M. James
8. If Henry dead, estate split 50/50 between Louise Mallory and Alice Shultis
9. If Henry, Louise, and Alice dead, estate split among remaining siblings and children. [5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
||2 Sep 2016 |
||Jeremiah James, b. Aft 16 Apr 1802, Sturminster Marshall, Dorset, England , d. 15 Apr 1869, Stockport, Columbia, New York (Age 66 years) |
||Louisa Maria Harvey, b. Abt 21 Aug 1802, Iwerne Minster, Dorset, England , d. 30 Aug 1873, North Adams, Berkshire, Massachusetts (Age ~ 71 years) |
||23 Sep 1822
||Spetisbury, Dorset, England [10, 11, 12, 13]
||Catharine Kate Moore, b. Feb 1849, New York , d. 23 Apr 1915, Hudson, Columbia, New York (Age ~ 66 years) |
||4 May 1881
||Hudson, Columbia, New York 
| ||1. Henry Moore James, b. 17 Aug 1885, New York , d. 31 Jul 1973, Hudson, Columbia, New York (Age 87 years)|
||14 Mar 2017 |
- [S987] 1850 New York Census, birthplace.
- [S185] Grave Marker, Old Cemetery, Church of St. John the Evangelist, Stockport, NY, birthdate.
- [S183] Probate petition re: Henry James to Columbia County Surrogates Court by George Tator, 13 Jun 1893.
- [S185] Grave Marker, Old Cemetery, Church of St. John the Evangelist, Stockport, NY, death date.
- [S987] 1850 New York Census.
- [S189] 1865 NY State Census.
- [S7759] 1870 US Census, New York, Columbia, Hudson, page 45.
- [S8514] (The Record Printig and Publsihing Co.), 1:423.