1850 - 1920 (69 years)
||Oline Emilie Colberg |
||27 Nov 1850
||Levanger, Nord-Trondelag, Norway 
||26 Dec 1850
||Domkirken, Trondheim, Sor-Trondelag, Norway 
||15 Feb 1920
||Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota [3, 4]
||Rushford Lutheran Cemetery, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota
- In the death of Mrs. John Eggen, which occurred at the family home at 8:15, Sunday evening, February 13 (sic) (Sunday evening was February 15), another respected resident of Rushford has passed to her rest. Mrs. Eggen had been in poor health for about a year, having at that time, sustained a stroke of apoplexy, but for some months had been gradually improving. Recently she had suffered from an affection of the kidneys which was the ultimate cause of her death. Mrs. Eggen, whose maiden name was Olene Amadia Colberg, was born in Levanger, Norway, November 27, 1850. She came with her parents to America in 1867, living in LaCrosse for a short time, then the family moved to Rushford. She was married June 9, 1871, to John Eggen. This union was blessed with eleven children, of whom five have gone before; four dying in infancy and Bertha at 28 years of age. The others, who with the husband, mourn the death of a beloved wife and mother are: Alfred J., Conrad A., Ambrose I., Daniel L., Edgar H., and Florence L. Eggen. All of the family, excepting the eldest son, Alfred, who is in Cuba, were at her bedside when death came. She also leaves one sister, Mrs. John Melba of Moorhead. Mrs. Eggen has been a life long member of the Lutheran church and was devoted to its welfare, and was also an active member of the local W.C.T.U. Mrs. Eggen will be greatly missed not only by her immediate family but by her many friends to whom she was endeared. The funeral will be held at 2 o'clock this afternoon from the residence, Rev. R. Jaastad conducting the services.
E Allan Eggen's notes: Born in Levanger in 1850. Came to USA in 1867 ( to Rushford, 1872) with mother,step-father and two siblings. Also shown as Olina Amalie or Olena Emolia Kolberg. His notes list her as Olina Amalie (Olsdatter) Colberg. Listed as Oline A. on 1865 census for Levanger.(see stepfather notes) Her son's birth certificate lists her as Emilie. Name given as Oline on head- stone and Emilia (born in 1849) on 1910 US census. Dtr. Florence had date of death as 24 Feb 1920 and middle name spelled Emelie (from son Robert).
In an 1854 record of smallpox vaccinations at Alstadhaug Parish in Skogn, Oline Amalie, age 4, daughter of Ole Arentssen of Holumval. Holumval is a diminutive of Holum, a farm in Skogn. Could not find Oline or Ole in Christenings, Confirmations, Burials, Arrivals or Removals from Alstadhaus Parish
Came to America with her parents in 1867, living in La Crosse for a short time, then the family moved to Rushford.
1885 MN State Census, Rushford City, Fillmore Co., John Eggen 36, Olina 34, Bertha 13, Alfred 9, Conrad 7, Ambrose 5, Daniel 1, Baby 1/12
1900 MN Census, Rushford, Fillmore County, Enum. Dist. 35, p. 8B, Emelia C. Eggen, born Nov 1849, married 30 years, emigrated to US in 1867
Alternate year of marriage: 1873
Oline's baptismal record indicates father's name of Ole Arntsen, mother's name Ana Kristine Osdr [1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
||9 Sep 2015 |
||Ole Arentssen Holum, b. 9 Sep 1819, Verdal, Nord-Trondelag, Norway |
||Anne Kristine Olsdatter Hooden, b. 12 Nov 1819, Skogn, Nord Trondelag, Norway , d. 9 May 1909, Moorhead, Clay, Minnesota (Age 89 years) |
||7 Jul 1848
||Verdal, Nord-Trondelag, Norway 
||John Andersen Eggen, b. 28 Sep 1848, Skogn, Nord Trondelag, Norway , d. 22 Jan 1928, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 79 years) |
||27 Jun 1871
||Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota [11, 12]
| ||1. Avilde Berentine Bertha Eggen, b. 18 Apr 1872, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. Mar 1900, Forest City, Winnebago, Iowa (Age 27 years)|
| ||2. Alfred Julius Eggen, b. 29 Sep 1873, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 19 Aug 1874, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 0 years)|
| ||3. Alfred Julius Eggan, b. 6 Aug 1875, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 20 May 1965, Rosemead, Los Angeles, California (Age 89 years)|
| ||4. Conrad Angell Eggen, b. 1 Mar 1878, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 28 Jul 1960, Downers Grove, DuPage, Illinois (Age 82 years)|
| ||5. Ambrose Ingvald Eggen, b. 17 Dec 1879, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 23 Aug 1932, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 52 years)|
| ||6. Edwarda Amalia Eggen, b. 22 Jun 1881, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 27 Jul 1881, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 0 years)|
| ||7. John William Eggen, b. 7 Jun 1882, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 18 Sep 1882, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 0 years)|
| ||8. Daniel Ludvig Eggen, b. 5 Jun 1883, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 15 Apr 1975, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 91 years)|
| ||9. Alice Christine Eggen, b. 8 Apr 1885, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 18 Sep 1885, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 0 years)|
| ||10. Samuel Angus Eggen, b. 17 Aug 1886, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 17 Sep 1886 (Age 0 years)|
| ||11. Edgar Henry Eggen, b. 20 Nov 1888, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 26 May 1948, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 59 years)|
| ||12. Florence Leone Eggen, b. 16 Oct 1890, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota , d. 27 Dec 1982, Rushford, Fillmore, Minnesota (Age 92 years)|
||Eggen, John and family|
Back: Conrad, Alfred, Bertha
Middle: Dan, John, Oline, Brose
Front: Edgar, Florence
||14 Mar 2017 |
- [S8161] Roll 13, page 275, line 201.
- [S897] Douglas Eggen.
- [S94] 1885 Minnesota State Census.
- [S97] 1900 US Census, Minnesota, Fillmore, Rushford, Enum. Dist. 35, p. 8B.
- [S158] Merrie Sue Dubbs Holtan, information sent on 26 Dec 2002.